9 Tips for Taking Outdoor Activities
When you try out outdoor activities then definitely things will never be the same again. These activities come with some adrenaline rush which at times can be too much. For starters, it will take you a lot of tolerance before you get used to some of these outdoor activities.
There are very many locations around Kenya where you can get some really fun outdoor adventures. Some of these activities have guides while others you are allowed to do on your own because they are safe.
The thing that people should always keep in mind is the fact that when you are doing outdoor activities of whichever form, safety should be of priority. You do not want your parents or loved ones receiving a call that you were badly injured because of something.
What Are Some Of the Outdoor Activities that One Can Do?
Listed below is a list of some of the various activities that you can be able to participate in. Some are group outdoor activities while others can just be done by individuals.
- Rock climbing
- Scuba diving
When you have decided on which activity you want then you can now start looking at the location because different activities are for different places and services vary.
Lake Nakuru and Lake Naivasha are very good destinations for the canoeing experience. If you want a good camping site so that you can feel how sleeping in the wilderness feels then pack your bags and all the necessary gear and head to Sagana. You will like the experience. Furthermore it also gives you the opportunity of rafting and rock climbing… Mt Kenya feel. Mombasa will never disappoint when it comes to diving activities.
What You Need to Know Before You Take Outdoor Activities
When all is said and done precautions have to be taken so that one can enjoy their trips to various places around Kenya. Listed below are some of the tips that will help one when they are taking outdoor activities.
- Just tell someone where you are going. It is good that people are informed that you are doing some kind of outdoor activities so that they may be sure of what you really are doing and where you are. This can help them come to your rescue when need be.
- DO NOT travel alone. Make it a group activity at least with people that you know. It’s not advisable to be out in outdoor activities all alone.
- Always carry something that will identify you so that in case something happens it can be under control.
- Your form of communication is also important. Carry your phone if you are sure there will be network. In case you miss any track you can always call for assistance.
- Avoid restricted areas. Areas which have wild animals especially if you are doing camping.
- Avoid going out very early in the morning or very late at night especially if you are on camping. It might be a safe area but some wild animal might have decided to stay on that particular day.
- ALWAYS Take drinking water with you. Do not go about drinking water from any source, especially if you are on a camping site.
- Have your emergency kit in place even though most of this areas offer first aid in case of an accident.
- Maintain hygiene. Wash your hands every time before eating. You do not know what you have held because many people around the world visit these places and hold these items and you can’t be sure if they are properly sanitized.
So… head out and have fun while doing your outdoor activities. Do not forget to check the weather updates as weather can restrict you from doing certain activities and feeling the adventure.